Club sessions are held on Wednesday evenings and Sunday afternoons to enable members to play with a variety of partners against a variety of opponents. No member should continually play with or against any other member unless the luck of the draw causes it to be otherwise.
- Two members shall not occupy a court if other members are waiting to play.
- When other members are waiting, one short set shall be played.
- If more than 16 members are present, the Board shall be used, following the instructions thereon.
- Court etiquette should always be observed, i.e. no walking or running across the back of the court when play is in progress, or anything else that would cause a distraction to players.
- If balls are hit over the surrounding high netting during play, those players are primarily responsible for finding them and returning them either into play or to the clubhouse.
- As each court finally ends play for the session, players are asked to ensure that the nets are lowered and net measures and all balls are returned to the Clubhouse.
- The last players off the courts must ensure that the nets are lowered, net measures and all balls are returned to the Clubhouse, the ball cupboard is locked, the court gates are padlocked and keys placed on the hooks near the token boxes.
- Tennis balls are provided by the Club for play at Club Sessions. Members playing at other times are asked to provide their own balls, The Club has new and used balls for sale – see Notice Board for details.
The available court(s) on match nights (for details see Court Booking) must be booked. Write the date required, court number, time and name on the booking sheet.
Club championships: up to two courts can be booked at Club Sessions. Please use the Booking Sheet
The last member(s) to leave are asked to switch off any of the floodlights still on. The mains switches are located under the lights token boxes.
Tennis shoes must be worn. Trainers, other shoes with ridged soles, or black soles are NOT ACCEPTABLE as they damage the court surface.
Members must sign visitors into the Visitors Book BEFORE play and the appropriate fee paid to the Treasurer or any Committee Member as soon as possible. Please do not leave money in the Clubhouse.
Prospective members may play up to six times (on payment of the Visitor’s fee) at Club Sessions, before deciding whether to become a full member.