Brackley Tennis Club is proud that we probably have the largest number of Junior memberships (13 and under) in the county.
Coaching is mainly held on Saturday morning but full details can be obtained from our Head Coach, Peter Cowley, who will give you all the information you require. His mobile number is 07539 244155.
Players of all abilities welcome.
- Junior Play
- Junior Sessions
- Private Play
- Junior Club Championship
- Child Protection Officer
- Good Players Code
Courts are usually available during the day but check the Notice Board in case a tournament is booked. Please note the following times:
- Courts are available Monday to Friday until 6pm. Evening matches start at 6pm in summer. Except Wednesday, courts may be available in the evening but senior members have priority.
- Wednesday from 6.30pm is Senior Club Session.
- On Saturdays coaching is from 9am to 1pm, and all courts are normally used.
- On Saturday afternoons matches begin at 1pm winter and summer. Check the Notice Board for availability. Courts may be available in the evening.
- On Sunday morning there is Junior play on three courts from 9am to noon.
- Sunday afternoon from 2pm is Senior Club Session. Courts may be available in the evening.
If you are in any doubt about court time you will find a full list of all matches on the Notice Board in the Clubhouse. Checking this first could save you a wasted journey.
Not running at present.
At other times you will need to arrange your own play. Members can play at any time, subject to coaching and match play but must provide their own balls. Coaching is allocated court space at specific times but every effort is made to ensure that members who wish to play are not disappointed.
The names and telephone numbers of members is published in the clubhouse so a singles or doubles game can be arranged, but if under 14 you must have an adult with you due to the isolated location of the club. To be able to access the courts you will need a key to the Clubhouse so if you are under 14 a parent will need to apply to the Treasurer.
Non-members are welcome to play at the Club for up to six occasions for a fee of £2 for those aged 14 –17 and £1 for 13 and under. After six visits it is expected that the visitor will join as a member.
Contact Mrs Anne Brady on 01295 712659.
Junior Players are encouraged to:
- Recognise and appreciate the efforts made by coaches, parents and Club members in providing the opportunity and facilities for you to play the game and enjoy tennis.
- Understand the values of loyalty na d commitment to helpers and other players.
- Recognise that every young player has a right to expect their involvement in tennis to be safe and free from all types of abuse including verbal or physical.
- Understand that if an individual or group of young players feel that they are not being treated in a manner that is acceptable, then they have a right to tell an adult, either at the Tennis Club or outside the game.
- Control your emotions. Verbal or physical abuse of team mates, opponents or helpers is not acceptable.
- Treat all players as you would like to be treated.
Coaches, Helpers, Parents and Members Code:
- Act as a positive role model to all young players.
- Never verbally abuse young players, fellow spectators or coaches. Such behaviour can create a negative environment, both for young players and other people in the vicinity.
- Verbally encourage young players in a positive way.
- Encourage all youngsters irrespective of their ability – never ridicule any player.
- Recognise and applaud effort regardless of ability.
If you require any further information about any aspect of the Club please contact Peter Cowley, the Head Coach. or see the contacts page of website.